Sustainable Outfits I'm Wearing this Autumn - British Country Style


 


The mornings have turned dark, that is the first thing I always notice in Autumn. Let sleepy cozy nights in and hot pumpkin latte season commence! I always struggle in the warmer months knowing and finding things to wear but I feel like Autumn is me in my element! 


Autumn is the time to bring out the tweed coats and wrap up warm and snug. I believe that you should only buy clothing that you will wear forever (or at least a long time) and tweed coats are such a good example of this. 

Tweed coats and wax jackets are very easy to find second hand as well and I would always recommend having a look around your local vintage stores if you want to include some wax or tweed. 


Another great place to pick up second hand coats for Autumn is kilo sales. I love a good kilo sales as I love vintage and bargains. The wax jacket below is one of my favorite ever kilo sales finds and I have worn it every Autumn for the last 5 years. I love pairing it with my brown boots and chinos for walks in the country or a wander around town!


Sustainable fashion in Autumn to me means a lot of thrifting, mainly because to find high quality, warm clothing from sustainable brands you will pay a small fortune. There are so many beautiful second hand and vintage shops in most towns and villages these days there is a lot to choose from. 

The tweed jacket pictured above is the Toad tweed jacket from Joules I bought a few years ago and I will wear it till I die. I may even ask to be buried in it. I love the Joules Toad tweed and I first bought the blazer from Joules in 2011 before deciding later that I also needed the field coat. This coat I picked up on Depop for less than half price still with the tags attached and I love it. 


As I have an autumnal coloring, this is the perfect time of year for me. I love browns,greens and dusky pinks all of which I know suit me well. I also love Autumn fashion for things like hounds-tooth and checks which are easy to find secondhand. I love my long-line blazer (pictured below) which is perfect for throwing over shirts or a white top. This was another Depop find which I saw on a girl on Instagram and then searched for online secondhand.


One of the few new items I have bought in the past year is this white shirt from Finer Horse. Perfect under a blazer!


Most of my outfits this Autumn will revolve around these pieces I already have in my wardrobe, however I will be searching for a couple of 'new' items I have had my eye on! For me, Autumnal clothes must be a reflection of the season, warm, snug, practical and make you feel great. I am looking forward to sharing with you all what I thrift in the upcoming month and let me know what you like to wear in Autumn to keep warm and snug.


Keep in touch :)



;">

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Soy de Argentina, amo tu blog y todo lo que publicas.

ZulqDigital.Com said...

Fashion Store – Your update is the best, informative, and helpful.

Anonymous said...

fdf

Lily Cooper said...

I love the focus on sustainable autumn fashion and thoughtful outfit choices. Building a wardrobe with versatile, long-lasting pieces makes seasonal styling more meaningful and practical. Celebrity Jackets can also inspire timeless looks, encouraging people to choose statement outerwear that remains stylish beyond changing trends.

Elabore Luxury said...

This is a helpful post for anyone looking to refresh their winter wardrobe. I like accessories that combine comfort with timeless style, especially versatile Unisex Mufflers.