Is Number 7 Cruelty free?

No7 is one of those brands that I think everyone has one piece of skincare or makeup in a draw. But are they cruelty free? The are not the typical run of the mill ethical brands however, I can assure you when it comes to animal testing Boots, and No7 have always been cruelty free. In terms of being an ethical brand they are not vegan and do contain palm oil, however Boots have always had a refreshing attitude to animal testing.

All of the Boots own brands are not tested on animals and they have stated that they fully support the EU ban on animal testing that took place in 2013. Not being tested on animals means that non of their ingredients or formulas have been tested on animals; it also means that no parent company has tested the ingredients for them (a loophole many companies like to use). 


This strong stance on being cruelty free from No7 is very reassuring if you are looking to start making the transition to green beauty products. Although they may not be the most ethical, the fact that they don't test ingredients or finished products shows how easy it is to find companies with this standard on the high-street.

I personally still use many No 7 products as they are cruelty free. Even though I am not looking to transition to Organic make up and skincare only, I think I will still always use the odd No7 product. They make my favorite foundation and I still haven't found anything out there on the market that feels better on my skin than this. No7 also make lovely cruelty free face creams that sit under foundation well like the day cream below.

If you are just starting to explore cruelty free and more ethical beauty options I think No7 is a brilliant start!


No comments