My Budapest Spa Experience - What to know before you go!


Can you tell I miss traveling yet? One of the posts I planned to write but never got around to after my last holiday inter-railing through eastern Europe was this. 

If you are in Budapest this winter a Spa day is a must. Think stunning architecture hot, hot water and time to shelter from the blizzards outside. We chose the Gellert Spa after I saw some reviews online. There are cheaper other Spas in Budapest but this one was closer to where we stayed and there was, according to reviews that I can confirm, less children. Apparently the other spas are more family friendly, but I was looking for some relaxing couples time. 

It costs about £25 to get into the spa, however there are other costs on top of this including hiring towels robes and slippers etc. The spa experience is for sure, not a budget activity but if you have the money it is a must! There are a number of rooms all with stunning architecture and pools of different temperatures. All the pools are filled with waster from deep underground springs. 

One of the advantages of this spa if you visit in winter is that most of it is indoors. The others are mainly outdoors which is nice in summer but bloody cold if you visit in December like we did! There is also a lovely cafe overlooking the pools and places to enjoy a drink poolside which I would recommend. They also offer spa treatments, but I didn't have the money or time which was a little sad. 

Make sure you follow me on Instagram to keep up with my adventures and read more about my trip to Budapest here!




1 comment

Mariya Zafirova said...

Looks amazing!
Mariya | https://www.brunetteondemand.com/