Top 10 places to visit in North wales - Ethical Travel edit


So, are you wondering where to spend your summer holiday this year once all this is over? Well realistically the UK is your best bet. Listening to the radio I really did ‘laugh out loud’ at the thought of many employers granting people time off for holidays this summer after having months of leave. Unless you are still working right now... I think that is a bit of a fairy tale! I’ve been planning in my head trips to places like France, Russia etc. But the reality is I don’t think I will get to do much traveling this year sob sob. 

So in the spirit of staying local, I thought I would help anyone looking for ideas of some beautiful destinations that are still in the UK. Of course, my favourites are always going to be in North Wales, having grown up there and visited many times - it has always had my heart. These are my top things to do when I visit North Wales. I have included something for everyone to enjoy and I think that is one of the lovely things about this area. This list of the best things to do in North Wales is obviously subjective, so if you have any other suggestions please leave them below!

Whenever I travel to North Wales there are plenty of places to stay. However, I’ve heard on the grape vine that campsites and hotels are already booking up fast for later in the summer so this year I wouldn’t leave your accommodation till last minute. Also, if you do decide to visit please remember to stay safe and observe social distancing as many of these locations can get very busy
If you have any ideas as well of where to visit, please leave a comment below!

1. Lake Vernwy


The dam and lake are beautiful, but if you really want to make a weekend of it stay in the hotel and eat in their restaurant. Stunning food with the perfect view.



2. Llanryader Waterfall


Very accessible to everyone you can stand at the bottom and look up at the largest waterfall in England and Wales. Alternatively, walk to the top of the waterfall or even up Cader Berwyn the mountain behind it is a lovely walking spot too!





3. Cader Idris

Looming over Tal Y Llyn lake, this mountain is not for the faint hearted. Stop on your walking views for stunning views from the top!


4.Snowdonia

I think I left my heart here. Make sure you climb Snowdon and check out some of the many local lakes for water sports in summer. 


5.Ynys Llanddwyn

For a stroll on the beach this location is perfect. One of my favourite places in Anglsey and full of character and history.

5. Wrexham County

I feel like Wrexham is not on anyone’s list for a visit. However, from experience although the city is not that great the surrounding area is fab! Stay is some of the most beautiful countryside and visit Llangollen for a ride on the train and a walk up Dinas Bran Castle. Have lunch in Overton or stroll around Chirk Castle for a low key day out. 


6. Conwy 


A lot more fun and interesting than I was expecting. This is the UK’s smallest house! Just about my size I think? A lovely place to stop for lunch or to see the impressive castle that still looms over the town.

7. Dylan’s 

I have gone on about this place so many times on my IG and it really is lush! There are 3 restaurants dotted across North Wales but this is the one on Anglesey just at the foot of Menai Bridge.


8. Tryfan 

I’ve still not made it to the top and will be returning when the weather is better. A more challenging walk than Snowdon locates just across the valley!


9. Portmeirion 

A must see for anyone at anytime of year. I like to visit in Autumn to have the place to myself and watch sunsets like this.



10. Bounce Below

If the weather is bad, don’t worry there are still fun things to do indoors... or should I say underground. I don’t have an image for obvious reasons but Bounce Below at Zip World is a must for any visit to North Wales. Essentially, think trampoline in a huge cave!

I hope you all enjoyed my list and it gave you some more ideas for fun places to see in the UK for holidays this year. If you would like to read more about ethical travel here. If you want more details about one of latest trips to the area make sure you have a look at my last trip to North Wales 



No comments