Spring 2020 Fashion Trends you need to include in your Ethical Wardrobe

If you are an advocate of slow fashion, you can’t really follow fashion trends. Fleeting and usually poorly made, most trends just aren’t worth coveting or making that extra bit of room in your wardrobe for.

The 2020 Spring/Summer Collections were not much different, a showcase of trends that will be here today and gone tomorrow; however, there were a few hot trends for this year that I saw that do make good investment pieces and wardrobe staples!

If you are buying a slow fashion garment (unless it is second-hand) chances are it will be pretty expensive. Making investment purchases and choosing well is therefore, essential. See my round up of the trends this Spring/Summer that I actually will be following on my slow fashion journey!

Denim
There was so much denim this year and even double denim seem to make a comeback – which I can’t get enough of! Instead of buying it first hand, try looking on Depop of Vestier Collective for some stunning second hand denim finds!


Shirt-dresses
Now I love a shirt dress and think this should be a staple in every ethical wardrobe. They are so versatile and can be worn to work, for cocktails or on holiday! I personally would go for something more neutral than this one, in a white or blue shade! Check out my brands list for a list of Amazing Ethical Brands you can shop from in confidence.


Mac
A classic Mac is a wardrobe staple and can look good year-round (especially in Britain). For an investment piece check out Everlane, or even look for an old Burberry one on Depop-there are loads out there!


Blue Shirts
Again, Love it! Such a classic and most people already have one in their wardrobes! Reformation, Thought and People Tree also do stunning shirts if you are looking for a new one; but I always try and recycle old things I have in the back of my wardrobe first! A good excuse to dig out an old favourite!


White Dresses
Something that was prancing all over the catwalk for the Spring Summer 2020 shows was the good old LWD. Perfect for any summer holiday, or, if like me you like that reformation/picnic bitch vibe.


Let me know if you agree with my list of what to bring out of hiding/add to your wardrobe for this Spring/Summer and if you enjoyed the fashion shows. 

The best thing, if like me you are trying to buy ethically is to buy second-hand or not at all! But if you need some new wardrobe updates I hope I have given you some inspiration! 

Ethical Brand List


No comments