48 hours in Prague - Ethical Travel

Prague is one of those places that I never really was that fussed about visiting. I didn't expect much from this city and all I had heard in the past was that they have cheap beer and it is popular for hen and stag parties. So with low expectations (or not many at all) we jetted off to this central European country I knew nothing about. 

Safe to say I was pleasantly surprised by Prague, stunning architecture that looks like it was plucked out of a fairy story tasty food and friendly people - what more could anyone want! We started off our trip by having a stroll around the city. Charles Bridge was the first place we visited via the dancing house. The Charles Bridge is a must visit place in Prague and one of the top attractions. One of my best pieces of advice is to make sure you climb the tower on the bridge! One of the best things to do in any new city is to get a good look at it and the tower on Charles Bridge is the perfect place. It only costs about 2 Euros and was surprisingly empty!


Another good place to get a good view of the city is St.Nicholas Church which is a beautiful church just over the bridge from the main part of the city. It was used until recent times by the communists to spy and the British and American embassy so it's full of history!

Another lovely place we visited was the library and this big old swirl of books! It is free to enter and something a bit different to see... not a must see but we did enjoy having a look around!


If you are visiting Prague around Christmas time, one of the best things to do is visit the Christmas markets! I do feel like we need more of these in the UK...
Mulled wine, crafts, Christmas trees and carols what is not to like! The mulled wine was a lovely way of warming up in the cold and it was lovely to see all the authentic food and crafts.


I couldn't talk about Prague without mentioning any beer! Close to the National Library we found this little place tucked away where the drinks were all self  service. I cant comment on the beer as its not my thing but the honey wine was very nice!


One of the things I loved most about Prague is the food! Two things to make sure you try is the goulash and the chimney cakes! Although I couldn't eat the cakes I very much enjoyed watching them being made and inhaling the scent!

Are you planning on visiting Prague? Let me know what you got up to in the comments!


No comments