Places you need to visit in Vienna - Ethical Traveling



I never imagined how beautiful Vienna would be, but if you are looking for somewhere with amazing shopping, history and architecture I would recommend a visit!

We only had 24 hours in Vienna, so I didn't get to do and see as much as I would like! If you are planning a short trip or passing through Vienna while inter-railing this is what I would recommend!

The Austrian National Library is a must see for me and was one of the only places I ended up having time to go! It is in the same location as the Spanish Riding School, the Hofburg Imperial Residance  which you must visit! There are quite a few sights located here which makes it easy if you are short on time!


Another place I would recommend is the Upper Belvedere Palace located just out of the city centre. it is within walking distance however and I would recommend going if not only for the views and the tasty goulash!


My favourite meal in Eastern Europe has to be goulash and this one is one of the best! Located inside the Upper Belvedere Palace it is a stunning setting to enjoy some soup!

If like us you are lucky enough to visit around Christmas time there is also a little Christmas market here! This is another thing you must do in Vienna, the Christmas markets here are some of the prettiest in Europe and we had a lovely time trundling around looking at the stalls!

Vienna is quite expensive, so I would recommend staying in an Air BnB to make it a bit cheaper for you. We got this one, linked here, for about £80.00 a night – which will give you a good idea of price. We like to stay in places with self-check in which is less stressful and gives more freedom which is why I chose this one.


Are you visiting Vienna? Let me know if you are and what you plan to do!

Read more about Ethical Travel HERE.

No comments