Sleek makeup haul/ cruelty free beauty review

One of my latest cruelty-free brand discoveries is the British beauty brand Sleek MakeUp, they have been on the beauty scene for around 20 years but I have never tried any of their products until now. Since becoming cruelty-free it has pushed me to try a lot more high street beauty brands that I never would have looked twice at.
As it was buy one get-one free I decided to try a Matte Me Metallic lip gloss, blush in Antique, brow kit in Dark and the I-Divine Palette in Storm.
 I chose the storm palette as I need to stop choosing neutral pallets and this had a good mix of colours with a few neutral tones. The mirror is a really good size but the amount of shadow you get is quite small and very compacted. That being said it is really highly pigmented and the shades of each colour are really complementary. The dark greens and blues are really stunning and work well on a night out, and they seem to be able to hold their integrity for quite a while.
I decided a few weeks ago that I need to start doing something to tame my eyebrows! After looking at a few pictures where my eyebrows seem to have a life of their own, I watched a few eyebrow tutorials on YouTube and decided to give drawing them on a go. Trawling Superdrug and Boots for a good eyebrow gel that was cruelty-free was like looking for a needle in a haystack. This is my first ever brow kit and I'm enjoying learning how to apply brow gel in a more polished and precise way which you can only really get with a gel. I like the consistency, but the choice of colours in boots was pretty poor and I think I should really have had a lighter one. Next time I would probably order offline where there is more choice. The blush is also pretty good especially for the price, it's well pigmented and quite good for contorting too!


 Metallic Matte lip cream. What can I say? I love this it was my favourite Sleek purchase and I love wearing it on a night out! I love the colour and the kind of glamorous 90's look you can create with it; such a striking colour and I got so many compliments on my make up when I wore it. Not my usual choice but I am enjoying experimenting more and the purple did work well with my skin tone.
I have enjoyed experimenting with Sleek MakeUp and I love that it is cruelty-free; they seem to have a good range of colours and shades and be well priced for a high-street brand.

Since going cruelty-free however, there are quite a few products I still haven't been able to dupe, not in the way of quality or colour or application. I'm still looking for more brands to explore let me know what you all have been enjoying and that works well!

9 comments

Liberty said...

Oh wow i didn't know this brand was cruelly free, they have some really nice products!
www.libertylife.me

Nikita Rajkumar said...

I've never tried anything from Sleek but I've only ever heard great thing about it! I would love to hear your opinions on more of their products xx Nikita

BLOG//Jasmine Loves

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love Sleek! I think their products are great for the price and their "Fair" Face Form palette contains the only contour shade that actually looks good on my pale skin.

Stacey x

www.staceyroseblogs.blogspot.com

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you :) they do and they are always on offer in boots :) xx

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you :) I'm planning on looking at a few other things soon :) I would love to try some more of their lip products:) xx

Ethical Bunny said...

Ha Ha! Same I find it so hard to find any contour or foundation that I can use it is all to dark or orangy for me! I might have to try that palette next :) xx

alicia said...

i had no idea sleek was cruelty free ! good to know for future reference !

Ethical Bunny said...

So many brands are, I'm not sure why they don't advertise it more and make more of a fuss :o xx