Rosie Huntingdon Whitleys Cruelty Free Make Up Collection At M&S Beauty Haul/Review

One of my favourite cruelty-free collections on the high street must be Rosie Huntingdon Whitley’s collection for M&S. I love M&S anyway the food is amazing they have a good free from section and lots of gluten free and vegan sweets (Percy pig or Colin caterpillar anyone?); so, I was happy to see that they stock a good range of cruelty-free beauty products too. All M&S own brand beauty and makeup products are cruelty-free and leaping bunny certified!


I just wanted to share with you all some of the items that I have been enjoying, and show how many different cruelty-free options there are out there! When you decide to go cruelty-free it should feel like a choice not like you are giving anything up!


I heard about this collection in a magazine and quickly became obsessed. Even before I was cruelty-free I loved Rosie’s concept behind the range and the colour selection. The idea behind this collaboration with M&S was to create easy to wear, easy to use make up for women on the go, which sounds like me. All the shades are easy to wear and will suit most skin tones, and you can mix and match most eye pallets and lip colours in the collection. Most of the collection consists of pinks and browns, but there is also some beautiful reds and silvers for that old Hollywood glamour look.

The packaging is beautiful and reminds me slightly of Charlotte Tilbury, there are even little roses imprinted on the lipsticks. It’s a strong rose gold/bronze colour coupled with some blacks and browns. I think it defiantly looks high quality.


The first thing I purchased was the large makeup pallet for £25, it contains 6 eyeshadow a bronzer a blush and a highlighter. I like this palette and the eyeshadow and bronzer are well pigmented and high quality for the price. The eye shadows are amazing sparkly colour and all very buildable so it’s easy to create a smoky eye effect. The blush and highlighter are well pigmented but being in a palette I found them hard to apply, let me know if you have any suggestions!

The eye palette is my favourite purchase so far from Rosie's and I got the shade Deco Diamonds which has both pearl and matte finishes. It is a collection of beautiful neutral tones and although they are very pigmented I have enjoyed wearing them in the day to work for a subtle look. The palette is quite cool however and I think I will get a warmer one for summer when I have a tan; it is defiantly a winter/spring palette. 

I have been cursed with odd scraggly eyebrows, so maintenance is essential! I got the Rosie for Autograph eyebrow pencil in natural brow but was worried it would be too light. When I apply it however it seems to be the right colour. This would be a good cruelty-free dupe for Estee Lauder 04 Dark Brunette, but the spooly is much better. I do like this but I think next I would like to try Anastasia Beverley Hills for my brows.
Now...colour sticks. If you are the kind of person who likes to smear on their eyeshadow with a finger whack on some mascara and go these are for you. The pigmentation is amazing and you can apply and blend in about one minute flat. This kind of product is right up my street and I intend on collecting all four shades but currently, I have Almond eyes. All four are fairly easy to pair with any skin tone and would look equally beautiful on light and dark complexions.
One of my most recent Rosie purchases is the sweetie darling lipstick. This smells amazing. I know that shouldn't matter for a lip product but it really does! This isn't very well pigmented and I would say it’s more of a stain or a gloss effect, just giving you a hint of colour. I would really like to try some of the other lipsticks to see how they apply and if the pigment is any stronger. With most of this collection, I have found most things easy and simple to apply without needing any fancy brushes.
The last product I have is the highlighter in Get the Glow. I have wanted to try contouring for ages and I know I am very late to the party but I thought I should start with a highlighter. Before now maximum I would use some bronzer on the cheeks so I have enjoyed experimenting with this. I love the shine but it’s very pigmented so I've been applying it really lightly! If you are a fan of heavy highlighter this may be the one for you! it’s very high shine and I'm still getting used to it on my face!

I can't wait to try out more from this collection I think it has so many good basics and staples for my makeup bag. I would like to try a lipstick next I think, if you have tried anything from this collection let me know your thoughts below.

I hope this may have inspired some people to try more cruelty-free brands, and show more of the choices there are out there. :)


6 comments

Love Leah said...

That lipstick looks so good! A sheen of colour is all I need in summer. I love the packaging and I love that it's cruelty free. xx

Arinda Puspitasari said...

I'm a huge fan of Rosie Huntingdon and this collection is such a must!
Really love the packaging, so classy ♥
Could you share a post later showing you use the product? x
It must be look pretty ♥



www.arindapuspitasari.com

Ethical Bunny said...

I love it so much! I can wait to try more things :) Thank you for your comment :) xx

Ethical Bunny said...

I love her she is so classy and such a good business woman! I like that she is from the country too like me ha ha. :) I'm not sure how I do that let me know and I will.

Thank you for your lovely comment

Elfie xx

Beth T said...

I love Rosie's make-up range so much. I've got even more products on my wishlist after reading this - especially the colour sticks! xx

Toasty

Ethical Bunny said...

They are so good :) :) I've heard a lot about the make up brushes being good too! :) xx