Lush Spring Favorites Review / A Good Place to Start

As my blog is about my experience changing my beauty choices and going cruelty-free, beginning with Lush spring favorites seemed like a good place to start!

Most people have heard of Lush, I feel like it’s a pretty good example of how you can get cruelty free and/or vegan products on the high street. It’s also really important to me that they use a lot of natural ingredients too (as I have sensitive skin).

During spring time, I always feel like my skin is really dull and sluggish, winter has left leaving me with dry skin and probably a mild vitamin D deficiency. This is such an important time to look after your skin, especially if like me you always forget to moisturize! I find so many products are often greasy and irritate my sensitive skin, I end up with red blotches all over me.

Spring time is when I start preparing my skin for summer holidays and making sure I get rid of any dry skin!

I chose these Lush products because I found them to be ultra-hydrating, especially the Lush New Charity Pot. This is made from cocoa, aloe and moringa oil and is very thick; it makes my skin so smooth and soft, so I don’t need to use it as often as other everyday moisturisers. This is good if like me you often forget. Another bonus of the New Charity Pot is that it is just that, a charity pot. 100% of the money from the pot goes to help fund NGO’s and charitable causes which I think is an amazing idea. I chose FrackFree Dee as my charity but there are many others to choose from that help support environmental and social causes.

I have been using the Charity Pot after shaving my legs with D’Fluff Strawberry shaving soap, (to help keep my skin smooth) and they seem to do the trick.
Using the shaving foam was a bit different at first I am used to the ones that lather up in your hands, so I was a bit dubious of this one which didn’t seem to do very much. However, after rubbing it on my legs and having a shave I was impressed. It was so soft and light and smells amazing! It’s made from real strawberry’s and maple syrup, I was slightly tempted to eat some.

Since going cruelty-free I have also switched my face scrub from St. Ives peach scrub to Lush Herbalism, not only because of its cruelty-free but because I’m trying to stop using microbeads. I started using the Dark Angels scrub which uses black sugar and charcoal but found this too harsh on my skin. When I went back into Lush again, the sales assistant recommended Herbalism as she said it was much gentler and uses ground almonds. This has been fantastic! It unclogs my pores, gets rid of left over makeup and the green nettle helps sooth my blotchy skin.


My last favorite Lush Spring product is the face mask I received for free from returning (and recycling) 5 pots to lush (amazing idea). The face mask is called Brazened Honey and obviously smells amazing. If you don’t like strong honey smells this is not for you, it is very strong and sweet, perfect for a girly pamper night. This is the first Fresh face mask I have tried from Lush and it won’t be my last! The smell of the fresh fruits, spices and honey is intoxicating, and although I don't notice any of the brightening effects, my face was kissable soft.

(All products are cruelty-free, D'Fluff and Brazened Honey are not vegan, Herbalism and the New Charity Pot are vegan)

8 comments

Beth T said...

Lush is one of my favourite places to get cruelty-free beauty products, I'm obsessed! My skin has been a bit blotchy recently so I may have to try Herbalism next time I go there, it sounds lovely :) xx

Toasty

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you for your lovely comment! :) Yes it is very soothing it's one of my favourite Lush products! There shops are amazing, I recently visited the one in Manchester and it's so big it even had a hairdressers in it! xx

Laura @MissLauraBora said...

I recently tried to Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask and I loved it! It left my skin feeling so soft.

Laura | www.misslaurabora.com

Arinda Puspitasari said...

I've tried Lush before, they are so good!
Their scrub is amazing ♥




www.arindapuspitasari.com

Ethical Bunny said...

It smells so good to I'm always tempted to eat a little ha ha! I can't wait to try another one :)
Thank you for your comment :)
xx

Elfie

Ethical Bunny said...

Which scrubs have you tried? I am looking for a new one ha ha! :) xx

Elfie

Unknown said...

I'm definitely a strong Lush fan because of their engagement for animals, it's also where i started when switching to cruelty free products over a year ago. Congrats on your new blog adventures, can't wait to see what's coming and share some cruelty free stuff together! xo
Melodie
www.happymelodie.com

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you so much! Yes they are its so good they are on most high streets too! As I can only find a lot of cruelty free things I like online!

Thank you for your lovely comment :) xx