Spring Cruelty Free Nude Nail Varnish/ Avoiding Toxins Staying Healthy


After learning about the toxins in nail varnish (mainly formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate), I decided to treat myself to a new nude. But finding a cruelty free varnish without toxins, in a nude shade I liked was actually quite challenging. Many of the brands I looked at had lots of good bright and neon shades, but limited nudes.

Some people enjoy painting their nails every colour under the sun, others, seem to stick to the same ones. If I am having my nails done, I always go for pinks or nudes as they as super classy and go with everything.
Nailberry L’Oxygéné range caught my eye as its British, cruelty-free and it does not contain formaldehyde, DBP, toluene, synthetic camphor, or formaldehyde resin. Also, the packaging and design of the bottle is exceptional, I love the white label with black text and a classic bottle shape. I wanted something that looks good on the dressing table and on my nails!

I chose Au Naturel as it looked perfect to wear to work, as an everyday polish. The quality of the varnish is what I would expect for the price, two coats is defiantly enough to cover the nail and give a strong colour. The polish is a good colour and I would say a nice dupe for the Rimmel Super Gel in Soul Session, however it is triple the price. I was really happy with the quality but they are not cheap and the gift box I ordered came in the wrong colour.
Toxins in nail varnish had never really been a concern before I heard about it on RHOBH, but it does make sense to me. Nails are breathable surfaces and to cover them in a substance that contains formaldehyde etc. doesn’t sound great. I think that this will defiantly be a consideration for the future when I’m choosing a nail varnish.

No comments