British Country Style For Winter - Slow Fashion Edit

 Autumn and Winter is by far my favorite time of the year. Gone are the sweaty days of Summer and we can now look forward to being snuggled in a pub or going for a stroll around a pumpkin patch! I have been pretty quiet online this Autumn as I've been rushing to make headway on my home renovations before winter sets in; but I still wanted to share some of my favorite recent outfits I have worn out into the countryside.

For me as soon as the leaves start changing the tweed and wax come out along with a big pair of boots - nothing worse than wet feet! 

1.Wax Jackets 
I have a number of wax jackets that I love, an the beauty of them is they are so easy to pick up second hand and they last for years! As I love being outdoors they are also great to just throw on over anything for a waterproof layer that also looks stylish.




2. Trench 
I love a good trench coat and every Autumn I see some beautiful Autumn stylings with trenches. They are great if you are going into town or for a day at the beach ... and they always look classy.



3. Silk Scarves 
When you need that little something to keep warm I always love a little silk scarf instad of a big woolen one. Especially when it is not quite cold enough to get the old blanket scarf out yet. Mine I picked up at a charity shop and I always see them in charity shops and vintage shops. 



4. Fedoras 
I have a love hate relationship with hats but I always see the best British country outfits with fedoras. I think they are a great way of finishing off an outfit or, if you are like me, hiding a bad hair day.



5. Snuggly Knit 
A good jumper will last you years and I feel should always be something you invest in. Vintage or new, a cosy jumper has to be made of high quality cotton, wool or cashmere in my opinion perfect for colder days. 




6. Hounds Tooth 
If you are too townie to wear tweed, why not invest in some houndstooth this winter? Houndstooth is my favorite AW print and goes with anything and everything. It is also timeless and can be worn year after year, my houndstooth blazer was thrifted in 2018 and I always get it out when Summer is gone. I would recommend looking at Depop for similar ones if you are on a budget!



7. Wellies
No British country outfit would be complete without the addition of big boots or wellies. I decided to invest in some more expensive ones as I know I will use them and they are perfect with a vintage wax jacket from drizzly days!


I hope you enjoyed my favorite British country style outfits I have been wearing recently; I love British country style as many of these items can be worn year after year, never date and only look better with age! 

Don't forget to stay in touch on Pinterest or Instagram :)

 

2 comments

Panty Buns said...

I had not heard of wax jackets before, but they sound like an excellent and very practical fashion choice. Trench coats are also a wonderful choice for travel during inclement weather whilst allowing for a diversity of dressed up (or less dressed) under-the-coat fashions. The silk scarves and fedoras are wonderful fashion accessories.'You look extremely attractive modelling the Snuggly knit fashion. The hounds tooth print also looks nice. You look gorgeous rocking the Wellies by the water - I'm loving the OOTD!

my fashion blog
my YouTube
my Twitter

sustainable fashion said...

Your sustainable autumn wardrobe is so inspiring! I love seeing how you've curated timeless looks that are stylish, eco-conscious, and filled with second-hand finds. Thrifting allows you to embrace your personal style while being mindful of the environment. I have more sustainable fashion ideas to share with you - check out my Katharine Story for details!