Lush Lipstick Review - What I Have Bought From Lush Recently

 


I have not shopped in Lush for over a year now, mainly as their prices have gone through the roof; however when I saw Beatrice Turner on TickTok with the shade Saidoun I knew I had to get in on the action and give them a go.

My cosmetic collection has become extremely small over the past 5 years as I have moved away from wearing as much make up as I used to. I have tried to reduce the amount of make up I have and only buy products I will use as I think it is easy to overbuy make up and end up with stacks! This has helped reduce the amount of money I waste but has also led to better colour choices for my skin tone and less experimentation with dodge colour lippy.


The Lush Lipsticks online are difficult to colour check so the next time I was near a Lush I decided to pop in and test out the colours before I made my decision. I am very glad I did this as I ended up with two colours I love and that suit my skin tone - Saidoun and Beit ed Dine which I never would have chosen if I had not swatched.

They come in a wax wrapper like a Babybell and cost £10.00 which is not too bad for a lipstick. I also bought the two cases (which are beautiful) but I have heard that you can add the lipstick to any old case you have as they are a standard size. 


Peel of the wrapper and stick them in!



It is fairly easy to get them into their little cases and I did a swatch so you can all see the colours. They both I feel would look good on someone with a slightly warm undertone and an Autumn colouring (I can't see them looking good on a spring or summer!!). The consistency of the Lush Lipsticks was lovely and soft but I would be concerned about transfer as it seemed to wash off easily. the stick is also quite thick so personally I will apply with a brush but that is just what I like to do!

As I was ordering I thought I would also stock up on my favourite Sleepy moisturiser that I love to use when I am anxious or having trouble sleeping (might make a post on how to sleep better as I have struggled since moving house). I also decided to give the Super Milk hair protection spray a go, as I still have never found a natural cruelty free one I like and still use Lee Stafford. This one is Cruelty free but quite chemically so I wanted to try the Lush one instead. I have not used this year but it smells amazing.



No comments