Feminine Sustainable Brands for Spring



Spring is nearly here! After spending most of the first month of 2022 in bed sick I am looking forward to getting out there and doing more in February and March. As the weather changes I wanted to share some of my favorite sustainable brands that are making beautiful feminine clothing perfect for Spring. 

Too often sustainable clothing choices are plain, boring and androgynous - but not these brands! From denim studded with pearls to beautifully sweet dresses all of these sustainable brands are perfect for Spring!


1. Olivia Rose 

A brand that is new to me, Olivia Rose makes handmade items in very limited quantities. A British label, so you know one of the reasons why I love them, they were founded in 2017 and showcase a truely romantic style of fashion that to me says British Summer!


2. Paper London 

One of the key features of feminine style is the use of color and one of my favorite sustainable brands that do this well is Paper. They use 100%recycled plastic for their swimwear and I love their use of ruffles in the swim collection.

They also support a number of sustainable and ethical initiatives such as planting trees for swimwear purchases and giving their dead-stock to the charity 'Give your Best'.



3. Brother Vellies 

Although not a traditionally feminine brand Brother Vellies has some of the most stunning sustainable shoes available. A particular favorite is the Stell mules which are delectably feminine! Created in New York, the aim of Brother Vellies was to keep traditional African crafts alive and all their products are made by artisans in South America and Africa. They don't however come cheap and are far out of my own price range... but if you have money to spend they are a beautiful option. 





4. Musier Paris 

A French brand Musier creates very timeless and neutral colored pieces that aim to be wardrobe staples for years to come. They anchorage timeless style over fashion and only produce small collections and quality pieces. Although they state on the website they work with local manufacturers in Paris using natural fibers, many of their products are not natural fabrics and a large portion of their manufacturing is still in China. They could do more ... but watch this space!


5. Mother of Pearl 

One of my favorite sustainable brands! Mother of Pearl do what they say on the tin! Classic and neutral with a feminine twist which includes the addition of pearls, ruffles and pleats makes this brand stand out to me. I covet their denim jacket (seen below) and they also make a number of beautiful basics that have feminine details. 


They have a huge focus on organic and natural fibers which I love and their core collection 'No Frills' has a fully transparent supply chain and are made from organic cotton and tencel. 


6. Meyme


Designed and made in Spain and Italy this brand is another one I had never heard of until recently. Although slightly androgynous they have some beautiful colorful bags and beautiful dresses! The brand focuses on comfort and unique materials - which you can clearly see in their designs. One of the top reasons that I wanted to include them however is the price tag as many brands of this list are very expensive and I found finding brands that are affordable in the sustainable fashion world quite a challenge. I also love that they have kept their office and factories local and have not migrated towards a big city. Even in the UK most of our home grown designers migrate to London!




1 comment

Elizabeth said...

I love this post! Such great options for sustainable, local fashion! Being a "Made in America" designer myself, I support all countries bringing their manufacturing back to the local level. It's better for consumers, better for the environment and better for workers :-) This post gives beautiful examples of companies who are working to do just that.