My 2022 Reading List



This year one of my goals is to spend more time reading and less time watching YouTube. Although I love YouTube and documentaries, reading and audio books is much more relaxing especially before bed. I now have such a huge list of things I want to read/listen to this year and I wanted to share what is on my list for anyone looking for something new to read. I am not really into 'fiction' so most of my list is historical, political, philosophical or nutritional ... and if that doesn't sound boring then keep reading!

The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution
One of my favorite authors is John Gray who wrote Men are from Mars women are from Venus; he also has another book on male and female nutrition that I really want to read, all about health and maintaining healthy hormones as a man or a woman. He has always had brilliant ideas and I am excited and intrigued to see what he has to say!


Staying Alive in Toxic Times 
After hearing Dr Jenny Goodmans interview on State of Mind Podcast I had to read this book! I have actually already listened to the audible version but I want the physical book as well. Very interesting and I would recommend if you are interested in nutrition, health, wellness or the environment. 


7 Years in Tibet 
I remember from a very young age my parents being big supporters of the Free Tibet movement that almost seems to be none existent at present. When it comes to human rights abuses everyone seems silent on Tibet and I don't see this changing anytime soon although the death of the Dali Lama and the fact that he won't be reincarnated in China will cause issues. This book is a travel book written by Heinrich Harrer is a story of how in the 40's he escaped British capture and made his way to Tibet where he lived and befriended the Dali Lama. It has been described as the greatest travel book of our time' - so its worth a read.



The Dragons Gift 
This is a factual discussion on China in Africa and how it has both helped and hindered the people. Written by Deborah Brautingam, at the time of publish it is one of the first and best written comprehensive accounts of Chinas aid and economics cooperation in Africa. It has bad reviews but I am still interested to read this book.



The Truth about Covid 19 
Dr Joseph Mercola 
If you are a fan of John Gray you will know of Dr Joseph Mercola and his work.I am not going to say to much here but I have bought the audio book and I would grab it while you still can! The increasing censorship in the UK, online and around the world is scary and I am in the process of figuring out how to move this blog so I can have more freedom to create the content I would like to and not have to worry about Google. I already don't feel comfortable posting on instagram but this is starting to extend to my blog. 


The Gulag Archipelago 
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn 
An absolute classic and a must read for anyone! I started this book but I would love to finish, but it is quite harrowing.. I also wanted to put Y


Green Philosophy 
Roger Scruton is my favorite philosopher of all time and I would have loved to have met him. His book on Green Philosophy is top of my list as it presents alternative views on the environmental problems of our day.


Beauty 
Another by Roger Scruton! I was inspired to add this one to the list after watching the documentary he made on Vimeo. The documentary was beautiful, elegant and traditionally minded ... everything I would want to see in a discussion on the death of beauty in our modern world. 


False Alarm 
I have watched JP interview Bjorn Lomborg and I would like to read his book. Although I didn't agree with everything he said I would love to hear his point of view and his evidence. I think it is important to hear other points of view on climate change as the environmental movement has been dominated by idiots for the last 10 years.


Apocalypse Never
Michael Shellenberger is another person JP interviewed and I would like to read his book also. I do find it interesting as when I studied by BSC in environmental science, many of the views of scientists and the papers we studied have now been labeled as misinformation and propaganda.  


The Power of Geography 
After reading Tim Marshalls first book on Geography and his book Shadow Play I am very interested to read his new one. He is not my favorite author but I do love the way he looks at the world and explains foreign policy and potential future projections based on maps. 


The Unabomber Manifesto 
I have already read this at least twice and it is interesting from not only a environmental point of view but political. Ted Kaczynski crazy as he may be, wrote the manifesto in 1995 and had been terrorizing the USA since the 70s. It is extremely insightful and 25 years later the truths that have been written about our present day life are frightening. 


Homage to Catalonia 
George Orwells 1936 book on his time fighting in Barcelona is one of his masterpieces I am still yet to read! I am not sure how interesting it will be to me but his other books are so important, especially now that I could not, not read it.




 

No comments