Exploring the Secret Places In Wales In Wawwa Clothing




If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen some of my recent adventures. I was thinking 6 months ago, what makes me happy? What do I actually want to spend my life doing? The answer, was more time outdoors in nature.

So, I decided to start exploring more and visiting more places in the UK as travel is still difficult and make the most of my free time when I am not chained to a desk. 

Wawwa clothing were also kind enough to send me some clothes to keep me warm and dry on my adventures in Wales and looking stylish for all the sheep. Wawwa clothing design sustainable clothing using organic, recycled and innovative materials in transparent factories in Bolton, Portugal and India.
All of their designs are unisex and have a indie urban feel, although I decided to take them with me into the country!



One of my favorite places in Wales which is perfect for escaping the crowds is Cadair Berwyn. Although the adjacent waterfall ( Pistyll Rhaeadr ) gets very busy in the summer, not many people seem to venture up over the back of the waterfall to this modest peak. At 830 meters it is the highest in the Berwyn range and one of 24 peaks to explore. 

I love this area and would recommend it to anyone looking to wild camp or spend some time walking in the winter. Although you might not see the dramatic crags of Snowdonia you will see epic sunsets and the highest waterfall in Wales. 


North West of Lake Bala is Arenig Fawr which loombs over the surrounding landscape. The mountain only sits at about 854M and is a relatively short walk with a lake at the base. There is also a small bothy by the lake that sleeps 2 if you are into Bothying!


This area of Wales is usually fairly quiet as it isn't in the national park - so is a great place for a weekend adventure. Across the valley there is also the much smaller Arenig Fach walk - if you don't want a long hike up a mountain. 



If you have explored most of North Wales then there are still many adventures to be had in the Cambrian Mountains or Brecon Beacons. Hiking around Elan Valley is one of the most remote places in Wales to visit and the views are insane. 

Fan Brycheiniog is also a lovely day hike with stunning views over the surrounding countryside - a good place for a day trip!



Until we are all allowed abroad I have really enjoyed exploring more of the UK and having more staycations. There are so many places I still have on my list in the UK as well, including the lake district and NI along with Scotland which I still have never visited!

Find out more about Wawwa Clothing here *

Find out more about my recent bothy experience here


No comments