Where to go vintage shopping in Barcelona - Sustainable Fashion Edit

We all love a bit of holiday shopping right? In one of the blog posts, I wrote last year I talked about ethical travel and how to minimise the impact of travelling on the environment. One of the things I wrote about was holiday shopping both before and during a holiday; vintage shopping can be a great way to substitute this activity. 


When I went to Barcelona not too long ago - vintage shopping was something I was really looking forward to doing. I thought I would share the best places I found for Vintage shopping in the city - all just off the La Rambla near the market. 


We trundled around a number of these shops on the street Carrer de l'Hospital, the left turn before the market if you are coming from the sea. There are plenty of little vintage shops around this area - load more if you continue down the little streets north into the centre of the city.


Down these alleys, we found kilo shops and vintage wholesaler - selling similar clothes to what you would see back home. There was a huge variety to choose from and something for everyone as most of the shops were huge!


The prices from what I could see are typical of a major city, which is maybe why I only bought a phone case as I did the holiday on a budget and couldn't afford to spend lots of money on clothes. However, if you love thrifting and have the money to spend and the space in your luggage this is an amazing place to shop for special unique clothing!


Vintage shopping in Barcelona was good as expected although I was surprised by how expensive it was. I feel like this is always a common misconception when brits go abroad. We always think Europe is cheap - but not when it comes to clothing!

 If you are going to Barcelona and have some time to have a walk around I think this area is really good to get away from the main tourist traps and do something a little bit different. Although I complain about the price there were some good bargains - I am just old enough to remember the 20p bin in Oxfam...



No comments