January Blues

I think a lot of people get January blues... myself included. I have always found it a difficult time for a lot of reasons. This year however, I don't want to let things or people hold me back from doing the things that I want to do even if I have to do them alone.

I think often me (and possibly other people), are sad around this time of year because its a time of reflection to look back at the year that has just gone. That can be nice if you have had a good year, but if your year was full of struggles and disappointments it can make the prospect of taking on a new year terrifying. A new year is not a time for hopes but a time for dreads wondering what is going to go wrong and the troubles that lie ahead. 

It can also be sad when you didn't do much the past year, maybe because of work, friends, family or a partner who you feel wont do the fun things you want to do or they don't want to do anything at all. People and relationships in life can start to hold you back, or become toxic. Job situations and home situations can be equally shit, swamping you with negative people who bring you down. 

I have had this happen so many times and it completely ruined my outlook on things. It put limits on what I thought could happen or the stuff I wanted to do because I knew they wouldn't do it; it's sad how easily people can stop you from actually living your life.

One of my resolutions for this year, is to go on more adventures wherever they may be; this is something that is really important to me. I think it's important to take back control, to decide what you want to do, where you want to go and go for it. That's what I want to do this year, I want to spend my time doing what I want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks. To spend it on the things that matter to me and make me happy and contented <3

A duck always cheers me up!


Let me know in the comments f you are struggling with the January blues... and don't worry only a few days left now!

No comments