A/W 18 fashion trends I'm loving - Slow fashion edit

This autumn I have been pleasantly surprised at a lot of the trends I have seen strutting down the catwalk. Although since starting my blog I have excluded myself from the fashion industry, there was a time when I would skip lunch and use my lunch money to buy fags and Vogue.

This Autumn and Winter however, I have welcomed the return of many A/W staples that I can easily fit into my slow fashion narrative. The best I have seen so far this season has been from MAX MARA and FENDI who's collections this year are stunning.



There has been a huge focus on leather, animal print, checks and tweed this season from a multitude of designers. The reason I have been so happy to see these back on the catwalk is aside from being this seasons trends, they are also staples. Checks and tweed (especially tweed) make up a large portion of my wardrobe and I'm sure I am not alone. A staple of the classic British wardrobe, tweed and checks are so timeless there is a good chance your tweed jacket will outlast you.

I love that leather and cheetah print are in this season as well with MAX MARA sporting head to toe cheetah print. I also am loving these trends as they are all something that most people will already have in their wardrobe. I always like it when things come back into fashion and you can pull them out from under the bed and give them new life!

For me I will be pulling out my statement scarf, leopard print, anything leather and tweed I can find. I have also had a few wardrobe updates but you will all have to wait to see those in my next post... Sometimes it's not about getting something new to update your wardrobe you can just revamp and reuse old classics!



4 comments

Unknown said...

Who doesn't like a good leopard print! I love the hunter green trench coat it looks so warm! Atowle|https://formationvacations.com/

Ethical Bunny said...

I know I love that one too! I'm all about the wool coats this year :)

xx

Beth T said...

I love leopard print and tweed, especially for coats and scarves. I have a tweed-print scarf that used to belong to my grandpa and I enjoy wearing it at this time of year :) xx

Ethical Bunny said...

I love things that have come from parents or grandparents.. I just feel like it makes them extra cosy ha ha!

xx