The best cruelty-free shampoo for a sore itchy flaky scalp

Not the most glamorous of posts, but I really feel like this will be useful for some of you. I personally suffer from really bad dandruff and scalp complaints when I get stressed. As soon as my stress levels go up I get the sorest itchy flaky scalp that just feels like it's on fire! Although I try to now always use my naked Lush shampoo bars to save on packaging and I'm not saying I won't use them again as I love them, but when my scalp flares up they just don't do the job.

As I'm sure you will know if you ever have this problem you need a really potent shampoo to do the job and clean your clap while soothing it at the same time. This can be very tricky to find anything remotely natural or cruelty-free that is harsh enough to give you good results.

This is the problem I have had for a while and its been driving me crazy! However, last week in Superdrug I found an own brand TRICHOLOGY shampoo and conditioner with lime and ginseng which seems to be working really well for me. Its quite fresh and cleans the hair really well without being really strong and chemically. It also doesn't dry hair out as much as other scalp treatments, however, the conditioner isn't very rich so I wouldn't use this for long periods of time if you have dry hair. 

I'm thinking of trying some natural scalp rinses on my hair and will let you all know how this goes but I haven't found one yet that I like the sound of! Let me know if you have any good treatments for a sore scalp that might be a bit more natural..as long as they don't have vinegar in them!

6 comments

Unknown said...

Ooh I picked this up a couple of weeks ago, so far it seems to be doing the job! The only complaint I have is that I don't like the smell all that much, but it doesn't linger once I'm out the shower so I can live with that.

Stacey x

staceyroseblogs.blogspot.co.uk

Beth T said...

This sounds lovely! I get quite an itchy scalp and I'll also need a new shampoo soon - definitely picking this up xx

Toasty

Ethical Bunny said...

Yes I know what you mean about the smell! I kind of like it though ha ha ha :D XX

Ethical Bunny said...

Yes I would defo recommend its so hard to find a good cruelty-free shampoo for a sore scalp! I think I would go back to a Lush one at some point but it has really helped with my dandruff :)

Thank you xx

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you so much
:) xx

Jones Morris said...

Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. severe scalp flaking treatment