October cruelty free favourites - Charlotte Tilbury

As November rolled around and the leaves have started to fall I looked back over my past posts and I have started to feel really proud of what I have achieved in the past 9 months of blogging. A year ago I had never heard of blogging or vlogging or even seen a blog in my life as far as I know. When I first started Ethical Bunny I had no idea of what direction my blog would take, all I knew is I wanted an outlet for my thoughts on the world and my passion for environmentalism. I'm so happy I started and I've never looked back; although at times it's been hard to keep consistent, it has been for me, a consistent joy in my life.

I have some beautiful favourites for you all this month from one of my favourite brands! 
I fell in love with Charlotte Tilbury quite a few years ago now when I found the stand in the Selfridges in Birmingham. Four years later I went back to have a look around and found myself perusing the Charlotte Tilbury section once again. 

When I decided to go cruelty-free I was so happy to learn that Charlotte Tilbury doesn't test on animals. There is a slight lacking of more luxurious cruelty-free brands so I was happy to learn that Charlotte  Tilbury still has this status. The products I came away with are the Full Fat Lashes in Glossy Black and a lipstick in Sexy Sienna. As usual, the rose gold packaging and feminine branding is spot on and it still has the attention to detail on the packaging that you would expect for £24.00 a lipstick. 

Full Fat Lashes is a fairly good mascara I would say, it is quite lengthening but I'm not sure if I would buy it again. I will definitely use it up and it is good (hence why it is in a favourite post); however, it does smudge quite easily and is quite difficult to get off compared to my other favourite mascaras. The pigment is fairly strong and you can put a few coats on but it isn't very strongly pigmented so you definitely need at least two I would say. I would recommend this for length and it is a good everyday mascara, but you might need one with a fatter brush if you like a more intense look. 
Sexy Sienna has become one of my favourite lipsticks! This is the first time I've tried one of the new lipsticks and I was quite impressed. The colour is beautiful and it is very strongly pigmented, whilst still being wearable. The formulation is just the right side of dry so I would defiantly recommend having moist lips before application. The only thing I would mention is that that the colour looks slightly different on to what it does when you look at it in the shop so I would bear that in mind!
I hope you enjoyed my two favourites for last month and I would definitely recommend Charlotte Tilbury to anyone looking for a luxury cruelty-free brand. :)




No comments