Lush cruelty free and vegan beauty haul

OK. So I went a little crazy in Lush. There was just so many new things I needed and as I was passing it seemed like a good idea. Everyone loves a good Lush haul so I thought I would share some of the new products I picked up that I'm now obsessed with.
1. American Cream
This was the first Lush conditioner I ever tried and after a brief affair with Retread, I decided to go back to American cream. It has an artificial sweet honey and strawberry scent which is quite strong but I love it. It also contains orange juice for shiny hair, and apparently acco4ding to the website it contains benzoin resinoid which is anti-inflammatory. I thought this was interesting as I'm all about anti-inflammatory things, but I haven't really noticed a more soothed scalp. I like this more for the smoothing effect it has on my hair and the delicious smell. It is quite expensive in comparison to other brands on the high-street but I accept that you just have to pay more for a better product with better ingredients. 

2. Angels on Bare Skin
I have said before how much I love Herbalism, but I have to admit this is better. Made with ground almonds lavender and rose. It doesn't smell the best, as  I'm not a big lavender person but it makes my skin feel amazing! It's really softening and makes my skin feel exfoliated without feeling dry and stretched, I think it's the almonds that make it so good. This is slightly more expensive than herbalism so it isn't cheap, around £7.75 for 100g of face exfoliant is quite pricey. One thing that I will mention however if you are trying to decide if this is worth it or not, the fact that it uses ground almonds instead of microbeads is a huge plus. There is so much plastic pollution around these days, in the oceans and in our own homes trying to minimise the plastics you bring into the house are really important.
3. Sleepy
OK, so I know I said I didn't like lavender but I had to try this. It is literally my new obsession and it may even replace the Charity pot as my new favourite moisturiser. It is made with cocoa butter mixed with lavender, oatmeal and tonka. It has such a wonderful rich deep smell at the same time as being floral the smell confuses and delights my nose! If you're new to Lush products this may be a good product to try.

4. Dirty
I decided to try a new lush shaving cream, and this one was the only one I liked the smell of. It's made from oat milk, shea butter and safflower oil to help keep the skin smooth and minimise irritation. I have to say I wasn't that impressed with this. It is very thick and doesn't leave any irritation; however, it is quite greasy and seems to leave an oily residue on the skin. It might be better for facial shaving or shaving a delicate area, my legs were left a little greasy from this. It wasn't too bad but I wouldn't repurchase.

5. Baby Bot Bot
This little lavender bath bomb caught my eye at the till but I didn't realise it was for children! It is filled with aromatherapy oils and I really enjoyed using it; not the flashiest of lush bath bombs but worth the £1.95 for a relaxing treat.

6. Mallow melt
I have never used a bath melt, I'm still not too sure what one is but it smelt really good. Very sweet and rich I'm not sure what it really did other than turn my bath water pink and make a mess but I enjoyed it getting in! 
I hope you all enjoyed my basic Lush haul! Let me know what you have all been enjoying or what you wouldn't buy again. I love using more natural beauty products like these and some other brands too, it's a sort of side effect of cruelty-free you start to really think about what you are putting on your skin and using in the home. The skin is the bodies biggest organ and I personally am beginning to be really thoughtful about what I'm putting on it. 


No comments