My August favorites - Thrifted and cruelty-free

August this year has gone by so quickly, I have barely had time to blog with work and home commitments mounting up! But I always have time to share a cheeky favourites and share some of the things I have been loving this month.
My skin has been really bad this month, with break-outs all over, so I've been avoiding wearing makeup. Two beauty products I have really enjoyed however, are the Barry M cuticle oil and the Lush Bubbly shower gel. I have been so impressed with the Barry M cuticle oil, made with coconut oil, marula oil and vitamin E it has been a life saver for my nails. I hate having bad cuticles, but usually I just rub some coconut oil into them and have never really tried a proper cuticle oil. I love using the applicator it's a lot less messy than coconut oil and smells really warm and sweet. The Lush Bubbly shower gel, was an unexpected favourite as I usually shy away from orange smells. It has a strong orange and sweet grape scent and is very bubbly  lathering up in seconds! Although I wouldn't usually pick this it has become a firm favourite and I love using it in the morning to wake me up.
I have been thrift and vintage shopping a lot this month, and have found some really nice things that I can put into my wardrobe. I recently had a clear out and am trying to change my style to be a bit more coherent and learn how to put outfits together better. So, when I go thrifting I usually only get things that would fit well with my new style. I found these never worn DP black suede heels for £2 in Shropshire Cat rescue perfect for work. I also liked them because they are quite a classic style, and I can easily wear them in the office out for a meal or for cocktails.
 The last thing on my favourites list is this scarf that was gifted to me from one of my friends. It's a silky multi-coloured one and I have been loving wearing it to work round my neck over a white shirt. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure!


2 comments

BethanyAustin said...

I had a sniff of the Bubbly shower gel in the Lush Oxford Street store the other day and I so regret not getting it! Especially since they had it in the new 'Naked' style!

I loved reading your favourites and loved finding a fellow ethical blogger even more.

Bethany | Curly and Wordy

Ethical Bunny said...

It is lovely!Aww thank you!Same it's so nice to find people who feel the same about ethical issues it gives me hope ha ha <3 thank you for your comment xx