My new favourite place to eat gluten and dairy free

Every time I go to Shrewsbury I have to visit Ginger and Co. It's a small café in the square, and from the first time, I visited I fell in love with the place. Rich cakes, vegan salads and lentil curry can regularly be found here; they defiantly cater for everyone while sourcing many ingredients locally and making many of their own cakes!

I just wanted to share some of their delicious food and say how much I have been enjoying going there. Personally as a dairy and gluten free food snob, finding a good eatery is difficult but this quirky little eatery ticks all my boxes!
Some delicious cakes! There are classics like brownies and Victoria sponge and more exotic cakes like the Jaffa cake (amazing) and energy balls.
For a lighter pudding, they have chia seed pudding with cherry compote and coconut....Healthy and tasty!
Dairy and gluten free Thai salad with crushed nuts and sesame seeds. It's vegan unless you add a cheeky topping of bacon like me, or there is an option of cheese for the veggies! Ate this in the best seat in the house in the window to maximise opportunity's for people watching.
For those mornings when you need food they do amazing organic locally sourced gluten free bacon sandwiches. These always come with a really nice side salad with crushed walnuts on lightly toasted bread. Sometimes you just need a bacon sandwich!

I love eating here whether I'm feeling healthy or wanting a treat, I think it is important that over the last few years more and more places are serving vegan options/organic produce/local ingredients. This reflects a change in the market, and the quality of food and ingredients that are now expected had defiantly risen over the past 10 years. Supporting places that do these things and asking questions when you go out to eat does make a difference and encourages places like Ginger and Co to keep doing an amazing job!

What are your favourite places to eat, and what do you like about them?



No comments