Body power expo and an ethical fitness review/ Vegan protein

A few years ago if you asked me if I liked the gym and eating healthy I would have scoffed and said life is to be enjoyed. Now I am literally obsessed with health and fitness and spend most of my time at the gym.

I decided to go to Body Power in Birmingham this year and it was defiantly an experience! There were so many stalls, athletes and famous you tubers there it was super busy. I was also pleasantly surprised to see a number of really good vegan protein and natural food brands there too, Pulsin, Bodyme, Treck and the Vegan society to name a few, were all there.

As I am dairy and gluten free it was good to see so many mainstream brands offering vegan protein now! I chose one from a brand called Cute that I had never heard of, but I have to say it's the best vegan protein I have ever had! I got the chocolate flavour and it's very bendable with a more natural sweet taste!

One thing I would have really liked to see however, is more choice of organic/ethical active wear. People buy so much athletic/ gym clothes and new styles and trends are always coming out. When I recently found out about how the chemicals in non-organic fabrics can be absorbed through the skin I started to wonder why this is not more of a concern in gym clothes? Surely when you exercise and your pores are open this should be more of a concern?

There are some amazing organic/bamboo/hemp gym clothes our there and it would have been nice if there had been one or two at body power as its such a big event. This is something I will defiantly be incorporating into my gym bag, and thinking about in the future :) 









7 comments

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this :) I will have to try the protein out! Yes, I really agree with you in terms of there being more ethical gym wear options.

Keep up the great work :)

Chloe @ https://girllgonerogue.blogspot.co.uk/

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you :) tbf it's the nicest I have ever had and it was on offer :) yes I have been trying to find some for a while now but I defiantly think you have to look hard! Especially to find something sporty looking/streetwear like!

Thank you for you comment :)

x

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed reading your post about your body power experience I have never thought about the chemicles coming out of the clothes as we exercise before but you make a really good point if we are concerned about being healthy and fit then we wouldn't want these chemicles in our body great post! this is my first time ever reading one of your blogs and I'm really impressed your page is fantastic keep up the good work ! :D Mitch x

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you! Yes I really want to find out more about it as I think it is a concern, I am currently writing a blog post about some of the chemicals in clothes and it is very interesting.Green Peace have done some good research on it too :) Thank you! :) xx

Unknown said...

When will you be writing your blog post with the research you have found on chemicles in clothes :)? Very interesting subject also just read your august favourites blog great post your page is fantastic and you are a brilliant writer I look forward to reading more fitness blogs to if you have any in the works ?
Mitch :) x

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you I really appreciate that! Yes there are a few more in the works with a little ethical spin on them of course! Soon there is a lot of research to do around the chemicals and I'm not sure how I'm going to talk about it yet :) Thank you for the comment! x :)

sobia said...

I can give you the address Here you will learn how to do it correctly. Read and write something good. body optimizer