Soap nuts ? Do they work?

Soap nuts are a natural way of washing clothes that are kind to your skin and the environment! They have been used for thousands of years to clean and freshen clothes, and I thought I would give them a go as a natural alternative. I bought a sample from .... as I wasn't sure what to expect, I heard these can be used as a cheap laundry liquid but I wasn't sure how well they would clean my clothes.

I used half of my sample washing a load of laundry and it felt a little odd putting nuts in my wash!
I was pretty sceptical as the whole washing clothes with nuts thing sounded a little strange, and I was presuming after washing I would probably have to wash everything properly again. My wash is always on quick wash 30 degrees, so I didn't really feel that is enough time for nuts to clean dirty sweaty gym clothes and towels.

Honestly, I am impressed. I  thought this would be a gimmick that doesn't work but it really does! The clothes came out clean and smelled fine, not floral or perfumed but perfectly good, I was really happy with the results. I managed to reuse the soap nuts and have been using my sample since and am looking for a cheap way to buy more.

Would defiantly recommend!




4 comments

Unknown said...

I've been curious to try theses soap nuts thing out for a while now, thanks for that review i know it works now! ;)
Melodie
www.happymelodie.com

Ethical Bunny said...

Yes they are pretty good for nuts :) :) xx

Amy said...

This is really interesting! It's nice to know that they worked for you ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you! I'm glad they worked I thought it would be a bit odd but all my clothes smelt fine too :) xx