Soap and Glory Review/Haul my cruelty free beauty favourites

When Soap and Glory were released in 2006 a new bath time favorite was born. I can't think of one friend who doesn't like it or one negative comment about a product from anyone. In the last 11 years, it has become a boots staple, and it will probably please many girls to know that it's also cruelty-free! Both Boots and Soap and Glory say they are committed to fighting animal testing and Boots is part of FRAME the Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments.

I hope you enjoy my haul and let me know in the comments of any S&G products you love!
I got these in a gift set for Christmas and they all smell amazing! Putting on hand cream isn't really my thing, but if I ever feel the urge this is one of my go to products as it smells exactly like the 'Righteous Butter' which I love! It's very rich and hydrating and takes a while to sink in but it does make your hands silky soft. I think this is what often puts me off about hand creams, you put them on and then you are stuck for 10 minutes waiting for it to sink in! These hand creams are both beautiful, however, and I should probably use them more.
The 'scrub of your life' is another product I got in the Christmas gift set, and again is something I wouldn't normally choose for myself. It's quite a light scrub one which you could easily scrub onto your cellulite every day without irritating the skin. I have enjoyed using this more regularly and I'm sure it has made a difference on my knees! 
The Righteous Butter is probably one of the only beauty products I regularly purchase. It's a thick luxurious moisturizer and I love using it year round. I'm not sure what the smell is but it's not sweet, and it's very rich. This is a really soothing product and is really good at tackling any shaving rash post shave.
Moving on to my little ones! There is a story behind this spray; I recently went to Ludlow on a day trip to have a potter around the town. I was in a rush to get in the car and forgot to put any deodorant on, and by the time we got there on a hot day, I could smell sweat! Yuck! I literally ran into Boots and was searching the shelves for a pump spray when I came across this one. I never knew that S&G did body sprays! There are four different ones but I chose this as it smells like 'The Righteous Butter' and wasn't as sweet as the others. Long story short the smell lasts well and is quite strong, I now keep it in my handbag for emergencies! 

If you are looking for a hand sanitizer you search is over 'Hand Maid' is amazing. It turned me into a sanitizer convert, and I now keep it in my handbag wherever I go! The packaging is really sweet and it doesn't have the strong alcohol smell that many other sanitizers have. 
As I have got further into my twenties plumping moisturizer is a must buy! I'm determined to keep my face youthful looking so I have recently been investing in more moisturizer. This is another item I got in one of the famous S&G Christmas packages, and when I ran out of my Nip and Fab moisturizer, I decided to start using this one instead. This is slightly thinner than the one I was using before, but it seems to work just as well on the skin. I have been using it morning and night and will generally apply some of it after using my Lush facial scrub or the S&G vitamin C facial wash. I have enjoyed using this, but it's slightly less rich than I would have hoped.
These four apart from the 'Butter yourself' were also from a Christmas gift set and I have to say I love them all. The 'Smoothy Star' body milk is incredible and I will defiantly be repurchasing. 
The 'Sugar Crush' range for those who don't know, is extremely sweet. It's made from sugar and lime extract and the smell will defiantly wake you up in the morning! It's quite strong but if you like sweet smells this is for you. Also, the body scrub in this collection is one of my favorites ever, and will get rid of any hard skin on problem areas!
This reminds me of a slightly thinner and quicker drying version of the 'Righteous Butter', it smells the same but with a slightly watered down scent. Personally, I prefer the thicker version in the short pot, as it's richer and the pot is easier to reuse.
This has to be one of my favorite S&G purchases of all time! This smells incredible and is made with almonds, oat milk and vanilla. It goes on quickly and you can slap it on straight after a shower, and it soaks in very fast. It makes your whole body feel soft, and smell like vanilla for the whole day. This isn't very rich, but if you are looking for something to use when you are in a rush this is perfect! Personally, I would say thin moisturizers are for when you have little time in the morning before work, thick ones are for putting on at night before bed to give them time to sink in.
The last item in my haul is the vitamin C facial wash which is a daily wash that you can use on problem skin. This product is really cleansing and works really well, I get stress spots and this has helped keep them at bay. The vitamin C in the wash seems to be working its magic and it defiantly has made my face clearer. On the down side this is quite drying so I wouldn't recommend using it too much or if your skin is dry already.


Overall I love Soap and Glory and it's one of my high street faves! The branding and packaging are amazing and so girly! They always have offered so it's easy to get a bargain, and the sets make perfect presents! However, I would personally really love it if they made more of a fuss about themselves being cruelty-free, and did a little more ethically. There are some amazing brand initiatives out there at the moment like Lush's pot recycling and the banning of the use of micro beads, TOMS one for one, and Illamasquas fight against fascism. I would love to see more initiatives like this from Soap and Glory as they have such an amazing product and such a large fan base. 

No comments