Natural hair care for long thick hair / Lush Review and Haul

Keeping long hair in good condition is a full-time job. It's hard enough waiting for it to grow let alone resisting the urge to constantly style it. Since going cruelty-free finding a good shampoo and conditioner for my hair has been a little difficult. These are some of the lush products I have found so far!

The Montalbno shampoo bar is one I recently received in a gift box of a few lush products. It isn't something I would usually choose for myself as it is quite a citrus scent and made with olive and rosemary oils.  The bars at lush sometimes put me off as they can get quite messy and sticky if you don't buy one of their tins. However, I have fallen in love with this shampoo bar! The smell is not my favorite but it is very cleansing and brightening. I usually have to rinse and repeat a couple of times with a shampoo as my hair is long, but this works well with just one application. After using this I also noticed my hair was much shinier and had more of a gloss to it. Will defiantly be repurchasing!
Another shampoo bar I recently tried is the Trichomania softening and conditioning shampoo.  Trichomania is made with creamed coconut desiccated coconut and vetivert oil, so it's very rich and conditioning.  I love coconut and this is super coconutty! If you have dry hair this is very moisturizing, so if you style your hair a lot this may be for you. I like using it when my scalp is sore to sooth it and calm it if it's itchy.

The R&B hair treatment is a new purchase for me, as usual, I use coconut or olive oil on my hair. I thought I would try the R&B hair moisturizer to see if it would make a difference to my split ends. So far, I have enjoyed using it though it's not the usual scent I would go for. Made with a multitude of oils and butters with oat milk, it claims to enhance elasticity and encourages growth. So far I haven't noticed any improvements compared to using coconut oil. It is, however, more practical as it absorbs into the hair follicle much faster meaning your hair looks less greasy when you apply the product.

I love American Cream it is defiantly my favorite Lush conditioner; Last time I visited the Lush soap, however, I decided to try something new. Retread was recommended to me as a more moisturizing conditioner, that would be suitable for long hair. It is a good conditioner, but personally, it isn't rich enough for my hair. I find American Cream a lot more moisturizing and nourishing. This would probably be suited to quite greasy hair that gets oily easily as it is quite a thin formula.

American Cream is one of my all-time favorite Lush products and suites my long hair so well. It's made from fresh strawberries, orange juice and lavender and has beautiful sweet strawberries and cream fragrance. It is the only product in a bottle and I would prefer it to be in a tub like the others because I find it's easier to get some out. The formula is quite thick and sits on the hair quite well smoothing the follicles. Definite repurchase!


What are your favorite cruelty-free shampoos? Have you used any lush hair products?



No comments