Illamasqua foundation blush and primer review/ Cruelty free beauty haul

Illamasqua is one of my favorite beauty brands in the world. Not only because it's cruelty-free, not only because of their anti-fascism letter but because of the quality of their products. I've had some hits and misses with products in the past but I have always found their foundations, primers and blushers to be excellent.
I'm not a big blusher person but when I go out I like to put some on. This is one of my favorite cruelty-free blushers mainly because of the pigment. Mine is in the shade Bronzerella which I initially thought would be too dark for me, but it actually suits my skin tone well. It is however very pigmented so you only need a little to get a good coverage and high definition.
The top shade is matt and quite dark red, the bottom is a more of a pearl finished bronzer. I usually don't mix the two, and I am saving the bronzer for summer time to go with my tan. If I ever decide to contour my face this may also be a good pallet to experiment with....
The skin base foundation is my all-time favourite cruelty-free foundation! It is light coverage and very build able but it still gives you a good level of everyday coverage without being cakey. The lovely girl in Selfridges in Manchester recommended this to me after I complained that my current cruelty-free foundation was too dry for my skin. I am really happy with this and will be repurchasing, as it is perfect for lazy mornings before work, it gives me a fresher appearance in one minute flat.
Hydra Veil re hydrating gel is to put under your make up as a primer, to help your foundation stay on all day. I have tried this once as I got it free with an Illamasqua order, and it does what it’s supposed to. It is very lightweight and applies evenly to the face, without a harsh chemical smell. However, with the large price tag, I will not be using this every day. I use it under my foundation on special occasions and for now, I will defiantly just stick to bog standard moisturizer for my primer!

Have you tried any Illamasqua products? What are your hits and misses?


No comments