Why Easter is my favourite celebration/ Vegan Gluten free treats

I love Easter. And that isn't just for the food, it's my favourite time of year and my favourite celebration. The most important thing about Easter is spending time with loved ones for Easter dinner, friends and family are what makes Easter special for me. Don't get me wrong the food is pretty good too! All the traditional chocolates and cakes are delicious, but it's the company that makes it a special time for me.

I just thought I would share some of my thoughts on Easter with you all, as well as some of my favourite Easter treats. My gift to people this year was little gluten free macarons that I found on a local market stall. Fernandes macarons are local, home baked, bespoke macarons. I chose these as I thought it would be something different for my family this year, that doesn't include chocolate.

People waste so much money on poorly made low-quality chocolate at Easter I always think it is nice to get people something unique and homemade instead.
As I am dairy and gluten free I know it is always awkward finding me an egg. This year I received the Kinnerton Luxury dark chocolate egg, which I have to say was very tasty! The egg was fairly thick and it wasn't a bitter tasting dark chocolate, that I know a lot of people don't like. Although it said on the back of the packet that it contains 8 portions, I ate it to myself with a lovely cup of peppermint tea in about 15 minutes. Delicious!
At Easter time remembering why we celebrate is important and I hope everyone enjoys this bank holiday with family. Easter is ultimately a celebration of love and forgiveness, and I hope everyone remembers that at this special time of year.

What makes Easter special for you?



No comments