Love lula cruelty free beauty box/ Review

I've never tried a subscription box before, let alone a beauty subscription box. I always have been dubious about their quality and felt like they were a scam to tie you into a never ending contract. I have seen other reviews before on You Tube and by other bloggers but I was never really very sold on the idea.

This changed when I decided to go cruelty-free and had a hard time finding new brands and products I liked that weren't Lush or very expensive. I saw a review of a few different cruelty-free beauty boxes and decided to investigate. The one that stood out for me the most was Love Lula which stood out due to its low price, no postage cost and the fact that you can cancel the subscription anytime and for any reason.

I ordered my box in early March and it took about 6 weeks to arrive which seemed like forever, I had actually forgotten by that point!  

When it arrived it came with four full sized products, one sample and a 20% off voucher and I must say I was very happy!
I'm yet to use all the products in the box I'm still working my way through, but the ones I have used I am quite happy with. The box is excellent value for £12.50 a month and the packaging is easy to recycle. 

This box contained an Apple and Bears small body was which smells divine and is made from organic ingredients. It is a small ish bottle but it lasted for a good 4/5 showers which I was happy with.

There was also a Soapberry Handwash from Green Frog Botanic which I had never heard of and has a very strong smell. I have heard about soap berries and using them as an alternative to clean laundry, but this is the first time I have seen it in hand wash which was new.

The box also contained a MADARA brightening peel mark which I am very excited to try as I love peel masks! This may make it into an April favourites!

Another item in the box was the FOM London Hydra plump and firm face cream which I have used a lot of. This is quite a nice light moisturiser but the smell is quite strong. I have been using it morning and night and think it's light enough to use twice a day.

The last item in my Love Lula box has to be my favourite! This was the sample of Marlenha flourish moisturiser and after one use I have to say I was sold. This is so rich and thick I managed to get about 5 applications out of the sample! Only using this at night I could feel a huge difference in the morning, and felt it hydrating my skin! I was very impressed with this, but the only down side is it is expensive! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an anti ageing product or a rich moisturiser, and I hope for now there are more samples in the May box!

6 comments

Budgeting Belle 80 said...

It is hard to figure out if a box company is good enough to sign up for! It would be nice if trials were given.

Ethical Bunny said...

Yes I agree, you can cancel anytime with this one which is a big thing for me I wouldn't want to be trapped in a contract with one I didnt't like.
:)

Amy said...

This sounds really nice! I've always wanted to try a subscription box ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you :) so have I they always sound so fun :) xx

Unknown said...

Sounds great; thanks for sharing.

Ethical Bunny said...

Thank you :)