My Ethical Holiday Wardrobe

 


So, i've been on holiday (if you follow me on Instagram sorry for the holiday spam); and as is customary I wanted a couple of new outfits to take with me on my tour of the Balkans. Obviously, they would have to be sustainable, ethical etc. but I also wanted to make sure they were items I would wear over and over.

I myself am guilty of buying things for a holiday that are not really my style and that I wont wear again. Most of my wardrobe is trifted but I still have trouble not over consuming and this year I really want to reduce the amount of clutter in my life. 

So, here are the 5 things I bought for my holidays and why I chose them! 4 were thrifted and one was from one of my favorite ethical and sustainable clothing companies Two Thirds.


1. Ralph Lauren Shirt 
Pictured above I thrifted this from Oxfam for £4.95 and I am happy with the look. It was nice for holiday but I love RL and I will enjoy wearing this day to day in the UK. Shirts are also such a good transitional piece and I am sure I could wear it year round!


2. Two Thirds Linen Shorts 
These stunning linen shorts pictured above are perfect for summer! I am currently obsessing over everything linen and am keeping my eyes pealed for anything linen to thrift.


3. Ralph Lauren Pumps 
I love RL pumps, but since cutting out fast fashion 5 years ago I have repeatedly bought the little blue and white canvas pumps on Depop. After listening to an Anna Bey video on looking elegant when traveling, I decided to spend a little more and buy the leather pumps from Depop instead. Although I bought them for holiday they are something I know I will wear day in day out when I am home. 



4. Barbour Wax Jacket 
This is something I wanted to buy for the last two years and I have been avidly searching charity shops, vintage shops and online for a second hand Barbour. I felt like this would be a good coat to take on holiday as it is waterproof and windproof but not too chunky. 



5. Black stretch dress 
This was an accidental purchase and this photo doesn't do it justice! I bought this black stretch dress from Bernardoes for £3 and I now live in it! I am debating changing the buttons to something more classy as I think the buttons are impacting the look of the dress.















No comments