British Style Investments I Have Made This Autumn - Sustainable Fashion Edit


I have really been trying to invest more time and style into my wardrobe recently; thinking about how to invest, where to invest and what I need. For most of my sustainable fashion journey I have not considered timelessness as a key factor when I am buying items- but this has still left me with a wardrobe with about 70% of the items not being worn. This past year I have focused more on slow fashion and consuming less and better. Here are some of the items I have been investing in this A/W and why they are so timeless...


1. Tweed Jacket 

I decided to invest in another coat this year, mainly as I have had my eye to the Toad Field Coat from Joules for over 10 years. I already managed to get hold of the blazer - which was an effort in itself and I have since worn it regularly for 9 years. The field coat, I randomly bumped into and saw in a shop while buying a new riding hat. It was on sale and I have not seen it anywhere for YEARS.

They are such a good investment piece and can if they are good quality they can last for decades. They never go out of style and are brilliant to wear outdoors or anywhere smart casual.

2. Wellies 

I have waited for a long time to get a nice pair of wellies. Although I spend a lot of time walking and adventuring around, I have, usually, worn a muck boot. They look nice but I have found that, since I have moved the weather is much wetter and I really felt like I needed a good pair of wellies. 

I found it difficult to find sustainable wellingtons that look very classic. There were a few nice pairs from Aigle  that were ethically made in France however I ended up going for so Le Chemues that I found on Facebook Marketplace that were never worn. 

Wellies are an essential part of any British wardrobe and are perfect for A/W. I wanted a good pair that would last a long time and have a thick warm lining. 

3. White Shirt 

This A/W I decided to invest in a new white shirt with a vintage edge. I wanted something a little more feminine to add into my wardrobe as a layering piece. I chose one from The Finer Horse as I wanted something ethically made. It is absolutely stunning - just make sure you size down!

4. Fedora 

I never liked fedoras - until I tried one on! I have a good head shape for hats I have decided, and am in love with all of them. I really wanted to buy one from Hicks and Brown but found another company that made them here in the UK for half of the price - Mackenzie and George

They are are the perfect addition to any country wardrobe!












/>

No comments