My Everyday Ten Min Yoga Routine - And How It Has Helped Me




For a while now I have been dedicating 10 mins a day to my Yoga routine and making time for stretching. This has really impacted my wellness and helped me improve overall health, especially in terms of my breathing and circulation. 

I usually try and switch things up now and then, but overall I focus on stretching the whole of my body especially my back and neck. This has really helped me improve my back problems and back pain that I was having after I injured myself in the gym.

I generally practice yoga at home but sometimes I also go to classes for the social aspect. It has also helped me improve my balance and center my energy and focus my mind when I am feeling stressed or anxious.

My routine starts off in post of a child, and moves through downward dog, cobra, cat, cow threading the needle puppy and tree; stretching my whole body and getting me ready for the day ahead. Doing this routine has also helped me with stomach issues I was having and has helped me get rid of aches and pains and stay regular.


Child pose

Yoga is something that I really want to improve on in 2020 as I feel that it not only helps improve my health and energy levels but also provides me with the breathing skills to overcome negative emotions.

If you are thinking about starting to practice yoga, then I couldn't recommend it enough. There are so many routines on Youtube and Instagram, that, if you feel overwhelmed you can start easily in your own home.

Cobra

Practicing yoga for as little as 10 minutes a day has really helped bring something special into my life and channel positive energy. When I was younger, I used to believe that things were bad luck or that I was oppressed and that is why bad things happened to me. As I have gotten older, I have realised that bad things happen to everyone especially when we make bad choices and making good choices and reacting well to bad situations is more important than being having 'bad luck' in the first place. Being able to channel my positive energy and step back and really take a breath and relax has helped me make some pretty big decisions and keep by composure in bad times.

For me little things like practicing yoga are about making small investments in myself everyday to become a little better than the day before.



No comments