Organic period products and why they are important with LUX Store Organics!

I never even really considered what period products were made out of. Seems strange but I never thought about it until I got to try some of LUX Store Organics products recently.

LUX is an organic period product company that was founded by a husband and wife team dedicated to tackling the problems of plastic pollution environmental degradation and adverse effects that these bring to human health. 

Their goals are:

– Great health for our customers

– Greatly reduced impact to our planet, through bio-degradable products

– Sustainable farming and manufacturing practices through a subscription model

I knew about the dangers of not using organic period products (increased risk of toxic shock); but what I never knew was the high levels of plastic polymers that were in my intimate products. The plastic can mean that they can take 1000 years to break down meaning they will outlive me!


I was able to try both the day and the night pads to see if I like them and what I thought. I have to say I was slightly sceptical if I would notice a difference between them and my always ultra 


After a month or so, however, I am pleased to say that I can guarantee you will notice positive changes with these if like me you suffer from irritation and sensitive skin! I really liked both day and night pads and found them so comfy and soft. I have such sensitive skin (yes I know I keep going on about it haha) so many things can cause irritation but I didn't get that at all with these. You can tell they are high quality when you get them out and I love that they open quietly as well...(we all know why  girls!)

I was really pleased with these more than I expected to be. I also thought although they are a lot more expensive than cheaper brands you get a large pack so depending on your usage one box could last two months. 

The pads are made from 100%  organic, cotton which is hypoallergenic and the pack and its contents are bio-degradable with a year of being disposed of. They are also free from Synthetic Polymers , Rayon , Fragrances, Deodorants, Chlorine, Artificial Dyes,  Chlorine processing all of which may cause you irritation. 

Make sure you have a look at their website HERE and see both of their lovely products!

No comments