Winter clothing brands - Slow fashion edit

As you all love my secret slow fashion brands that I seem to stumble upon, I thought I would make a new one for Winter. All of these brands for me encapsulate classic British style and although they are not all traditionally 'slow fashion' I included them as they make very classic clothing.

This is because when you are looking for slow fashion finds it's important to think about how long the style will last. Some lovely slow fashion brands (people tree) make very ethical clothing with organic cotton and fairly traded; however, a lot of their designs and styles are quite difficult to wear and age easily. For this, I picked designs and styles that would be wearable for the next 10 years...
 I hope you all enjoy!

1. True woods clothing
 Made in Germany they have a very traditional style which I love. Think American cabin dweller meets British horse rider... More on the pricey side they are 100% organic cotton and they plant a tree for every item sold! Also there is a page on their website about local production but I cant seem to see any content...


2. Harris Rae
 Made in Great Britain they may not advertise as slow fashion but I do love to support a British Brand. They create very classic country clothing that will last you through many seasons to come, one of my faves are pictured below.


3. Ivy and Rigg
A fairly new clothing company they promote their recycled t-shirts and sweats positioning themselves a slow fashion brand. They do some good basics and are reasonably priced!
4. Peregrine

Also made in Britain I included this brand as they create a lot of timeless pieces. They have some pretty snug roll necks too if you are looking for one to see you through till spring.



5. Whale of a time clothing
I first fell in love with this brad quite a while ago and I love their preppy nortical style. It wasn't till recently though that I noticed they are now positioning themselves as a slow fashion brand with recycled and organic fabrics.


6. Patagonia
Need I sat more? Outdoorsy, loved by millions I will never get over their black Friday don't buy this jacket campaign it was marketing gold.


7. Highborn and Hardwicke
 Stunning clothes and I am pleased to see more and more 'country' brands positioning themselves as slow fashion. In my mind it only makes sense...  organic, recycled and fair trade what more do you need. All the t-shirts, basic polo's, sweatshirts and hoodies are organic or recycled.


8. Two Thirds
I've gone on and on about them but I thought I would bring it up again. So here they are. I like that they make very small runs of designs and many of them are made in Portugal to order.















No comments