Top ten things I'm looking forward to this Autumn!


1. The cold weather

So apparently some people liked that sweltering heat ha ha but I don't think I'm the only one who is excited for the weather to turn cold again. Cold mornings with fog and crunchy leaves are the best and personally, I can't wait to be bundled up in a big snugly jumper with a hot cup of coffee.

2. Winter walks in the country

Definatly something to look forward too! There is nothing more beautiful than the British countryside and I cant wait to go out exploring this year. My chosen spots I would like to explore this A/W is possibly climb Cader Idris, The Wrekin and Delmere Forest. 

(Let me know in the comments where you are hoping to explore!)

3. The social acceptability of the gingerbread latte...

Yes, they are basic. Yes they are delicious. But I don't feel like they are a treat that can be justified year round. They are also quite expensive, so if like me you are addicted to coffee then maybe try a syrup in a travel cup from home? A fraction of the price but still as tasty.

4. Halloween

Apple bobing scary movie and dressing up! What is not to love? Even if you have no plans this year it can still be really fun to get some spooky treats and just stay in!

5. Pumpkins

I feel like pumpkins are very underrated in this country and I feel like this need to be rectified! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin curry and pumpkin soup are all delicious! I'm hoping to find an amazing gluten and dairy free pumpkin pie recipe before Halloween comes around :)

6. Bonfire night

Literally one of my favorite celebrations! I don't think this is celebrated anywhere else in the world but it is one of the many reasons I love living here. I don't know what it is and it sounds odd but I really like the feeling of everyone eating nice food and gathering around a bonfire together, sparklers at the ready. 

7. Autumn Fashion

Move over summer nonsense the time of the oversize jumper, boots and fur coats has come. I am also loving the trends for this A/W that have been all over the Fendi and the like have actually been very inspiring. I also have enjoyed the plethora of tweed, checks, leather and leopard print on the catwalk mainly as they are so timeless and easy to reuse and re-wear they are worth the investment.

8. Eating Game

Defiantly not for the vegan or veggie among you all but being able to have easy access to good quality meat is one of the best things about the winter months. There is something very nostalgic and homely about it; whilst also serving of a stark reminder of our culture where we come from and who we are. People have eaten game in this country for thousands of years and until very very recently was the meat that most people ate. If you agree with hunting or not I think that their is a big problem with people not being connected or acknowledging the life of the animals we eat.

9. Parkin

Literally the best cake ever. Gooey, sticky, spicy. I haven't found a recipe yet for a gluten and dairy free one but if I do I will defiantly share it with you all!

10. Christmas Markets

Christmas is one of the most important times of year and I think Christmas markets are a wonderful celebration of that. I love all the food and drink and the lights especially after it has been such a long hard year for so many of us. I can't wait to go this year and drink mulled wine in the street... maybe even find a gluten free mince pie if I'm lucky!

Share below what you are looking forward to big or small that will make this Autumn special!

















2 comments

Kayleigh | Hazelnut Musings said...

I love going on walks in Autumn too. I love to see the leaves change colour and the crisp, fresh air. Autumn is definitely my favourite time of year! Mainly because I can get my boots back out :)

Kayleigh x
https://hazelnutmusings.co.uk/

Ethical Bunny said...

Ha ha me too! I definitely prefer snuggly clothing and big boots makes me feel so cozy!
I cant wait for it to get a bit dryer and frostier so I can go on long walks
:)

xx