Last months ethical favourites - Green and cruelty free beauty

Last month was one of the busiest of this year for me, overtime at work and social obligations meant I didn't get much time for myself. That being said I 'discovered' some of my favourite everyday beauty products to date. These are all cruelty-free, better for your body and the environment; the best kind of products that make you feel good inside and out.
The first product that I wanted to mention is the Faith in nature 3-in-1 facial wipes. Finding good facial wipes is not easy especially if you have sensitive skin. Many of the facial wipes that are found on the high street have alcohol in them and can result in a blotchy complexion if used on sensitive skin. I did a bit of research online, as I'm trying to reduce the amount of waste I produce and one of the areas I know I'm quite wasteful is using a face wipe at least once a day. I've seen other people using cotton pads in their place but I feel like this would take a long time and I usually use face wipes when I'm really tired or can't be bothered! I thought I would try these ones as they are organic vegan and biodegradable so they won't sit in a landfill forever.
These are now a must in my beauty regime, as they are very kind and gentle to my skin and better for the environment. They cost £2.99 in Oxfam, which I think is a really good price as well and you can find them cheaper on Amazon. Definitely worth the money and a firm favourite!

Another favourite is my new BIONSEN thermal mineral deodorant; most deodorants on the high street contain parabens alcohol and aluminium which can be very damaging to your health. I recently switched to one that is free from these harmful chemicals called BeKind. However, after using it for a while I've found that it actually makes me sweat more and can feel quite uncomfortable. It can be quite hard sometimes to find more natural products in places like supermarkets and the high street, but I found this little gem in Tescos!
Next, I wanted to share this amazing face serum that I found on Amazon from Avive Naturals. This is a cruelty-free Hyaluronic acid serum with Vitamins C and E. This comes in quite a small bottle but it was only £6.50 and has really helped with my patches of dry skin on my cheeks. The formulation is strong but the consistency is thin and you just need a tiny amount (apparently) on your skin.Since my teenage years are a thing of the past, now anything that promotes collagen is a must as I don't want to look like a walnut.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who had dry skin as I've found it so soothing and helpful; it contains organic aloe and jojoba oil which definitely contribute! If your skin is extra dry, I've seen some people use it with a moisturiser for extra nourishment for the skin.

This month I have been working overtime at work stuffing letters to go out to our clients; because of this my nails have completely snapped off and I've been left with little stumps. To try and jazz them up a bit I've been painting my nails and one of my favourite new nail varnishes is the Touche Velours from Nail Berry. This is a top coat that makes any colour matt, which is just the coolest thing I have ever seen! Matte red, pink or green the world is my oyster! I think for me its better than buying a coloured matte nail varnish as there is more versatility. As always it is cruelty-free, vegan and free of the top 5 most toxic chemicals usually found in nail varnish.

Most aren't overly concerned about toxins in nail varnish but if you already have an illness or autoimmune condition I would really consider switching. Anything you put on your skin or nails will ultimately leach into your system and can aggravate your immune system.

Now, what would favourites be without a little bit of something delicious? This month I decided to try out some more milk alternatives, switching my almond milk to the Provitamil Oat Drink. I decided to make the switch for the reason that to grow an almond it takes 7L of water, oat milk, therefore, is way more environmentally friendly. Oats can also be grown in the UK, limiting the food miles involved in growing nuts in warmer climates and often clearing forests to make way for almond groves. I have to say I've been very impressed with this oat milk and have found it much creamier than the Oatly one, it's quite thick and creamy and would be a good replacement for anyone currently giving up dairy. The only thing I would say that I have found tricky is the fact that it contains gluten, so can be quite irritating to the gut. 
My last favourite that I wanted to share was this red checked scarf; I got this at a kilo sale a while ago and threw it in with all my other second-hand bits. Kilo sales are amazing places to pick up vintage and secondhand clothes and they are so cheap too as you pay by the kilo! This is pure new wool and has been a staple in my wardrobe since the weather has gotten colder. I would definitely recommend trying out a kilo sale for some second-hand goodies, they can also be really nice days out with friends as there is often tea and cake too!
I really hope everyone enjoyed my favourites this month, even though, as usual, it is fashionably late! What ethical and cruelty-free products have you all been loving this month?

:)

No comments