Illamasqua haul / The good, the bad and the ugly cruelty free review

This is one of the first lipsticks I bought from Illamasqua, and I bought this with some other products on sale to try out the brand. It's in the shade Moth, a very dark moody brown that would look very good in an Autumn look. I love the colour of this lipstick but the consistency is very dry and flakey, which makes it difficult to wear.
I love the packaging but it seems a little random compared to all of their other products that are packaged in their typical black packaging. 
This next product is a liquid matt orange lipgloss, it has a good matt formulation and yes the picture is true to colour. Although I typically go for a more neutral makeup pallet I thought I would try this out. I love the colour and I'm sure that I could incorporate this into some sort of Autumn look... maybe on Halloween if I decide to be a pumpkin... The formulation is quite good and it sets pretty quickly, the only problem is when I have tried it on, it seems to start flaking pretty quickly.
My other lip gloss that I purchased is this lipgloss in the shade..... This smells amazing and I love the colour I think the colour is the perfect red for winter time. 
I wouldn't recommend this product, however, although I love the colour and smell the brush makes it difficult to apply and the formula is quite messy and sticky. 
Some little swatches, I love both of these colours and they are perfect for Autumn I just wish they had a quality formulation and texture to match the strength of the pigment.
This is the Illamasqua hydravaile and is a primer that you can put under your make up. It is more lightweight than other primers I have used and applies easily. It is a gel formulation that sits easily under make-up; Although I would say its the best primer I have ever used, I wouldn't repurchase it. I don't really see the need for primer and at £34.00 this one doesn't come cheap.

The next product I bought was the Skin Base foundation, from the Illamasqua in the Selfridges in Manchester. After my disappointment with my other cruelty-free foundations, I really wanted to get a high-quality one with an excellent finish. This was recommended to me for my combination skin by a girl on the counter and she matched it to my skin tone then and there. I am quite happy with the colour match but not with the quality, although she said it was build able I feel like it provides virtually no cover and at £33.00 I feel like it was a waste of money. It also is very drying which would be good for people with oily skin but it too dry for my combination skin. I'm going to use it up, but I just always put moisturiser under it and I wouldn't repurchase.  
This blusher I have had for quite some time and I'm not sure if this shade is still available. I do like the blush duos and have definitely made use of this. I love the packaging I think it embodies the brand and although the blush is quite a low pigment it surprisingly really suits my skin tone. It is definitely buildable if you want a stronger pigment.

The Illamasqua brow build is probably one of if not my favourite product from Illamasqua and I wear it nearly every day. I purchased the colour Thrive which I feel matches my eyebrows well without being too dark. I always find black eyebrow products a little too dark for me! I really like this because it's quite subtle, easy to wear and apply.
This eyeliner I bought on sale and I'm not sure what I think of it. It is in the colour wisdom which is quite a medium to dark brown which I thought would be quite subtle. Although I wanted something subtle and I do like the colour the formula is very thin so two coats are needed for it to show up.
I do like this but it is not worth the money even when I got it son sale. I don't think I would buy it again and wouldn't recommend even though I will use it up.
This is the Illamasqua Slick Stick in the shade fervour I like the branding though  I feel like it is quite large for the amount of product you get. I didn't like this at all the colour and pigment was really vibrant but the consistency is very very dry.
I prefer the shade delight in this lip liner as although it's still dry its easy to blend with a lip gloss. I think I will try and use it up but would not recommend.
This lip pencil is probably my other favourite that I have tried from Illamasqua, it defiantly has the best formulation of any of their lip liners. It is easy to apply and the colour is beautiful, I would recommend these and buy it again. In the shade Woo this is perfect for a every day look, or a 60s look with some eyeliner.
Illamaskqa as a brand I love, but a lot of their products I find are overpriced and not very good quality.  I would like to see them using more natural ingredients too. Also I do like the way that they make a stand on certain politics however, I feel like sometimes this can be quite uniformed.

I hope you all enjoyed my review of some Illamasqua products, most of them I wouldn't buy again and I feel like its good to do reviews of products you wouldn't buy.
Lastly, I just wanted to mention that when I use the word 'haul' I don't go out and buy all of these things at once. Some of these products I've had over a year and I don't think buying loads of products in a 'haul' is a very ethical thing to do. I just wanted to mention this as I want to be transparent, as I feel like a lot of bloggers and vloggers often give the impression that we all spend all our money buying make up! 

Also to anyone who is thinking of starting a blog don't ever think you need lots of money, it's more important to be creative and expressive. There are some amazing blogs out there who just write about important issues and don't spend anything.

:)

No comments